A privately hosted fundraiser is an event where a business, organization, community group or individual plans and hosts an event or fundraiser to benefit Women In Distress, independently of Women In Distress and Women In Distress staff.
Our Privately Hosted Events Program makes it easy for businesses, organizations, community groups and individuals to give back to the community. It’s a hit among busy organizations seeking to make a positive impact. This option doesn’t demand extra time outside the office, offers straightforward activity planning, and adds a fun twist to boosting team morale. By putting together a FUNdraising event, you’re not just having a blast, but also making a meaningful impact on Women In Distress’s vital programs and services. Your event brings joy, camaraderie, and support to a cause that truly matters.
Let’s team up for a fantastic time that fuels positive change! It’s as easy as one, two, three!
- Plan an event you would like to host. (See below for some ideas)
- Fill out the application below for approval of name and logo usage
- Hold your event!
We are here to help you along the way, just reach out.
There are lots of fun ways you can help. Here are a few FUNdraising ideas to get your creative juices going:
- Casual Fridays for a Cause: Organize a casual or jeans day where everyone pays $5 to dress down on Fridays for a month or two. Total the donations and make a contribution to Women In Distress on behalf of your organization.
- Trivia Fun-raiser: Host a trivia contest with ticket sales for entry and mulligans for do-overs. Capture the fun with pictures and donate the collected funds to Women In Distress on behalf of your business or organization.
- Retail Giving: If you’re a retail establishment, allocate a portion of sales to Women In Distress for a designated period. Display signs to inform customers about your community support and we will be happy to share the event!
- Your Unique Idea: Get creative! Design your own enjoyable fundraising event to boost team morale and financial support for Women In Distress within your business, community group, or organization. We have many great examples, just reach out and ask!
Before you officially kick off your event, be sure to notify us of what you plan to do. You can download our Privately Hosted Event Application and Guidelines.
For information, please contact:
Associate Director of Development, Events & Annual Fund